Saturday, September 21, 2013

Why We Keep the Sabbath Day Holy

I got to teach my beehives this week on why we keep the Sabbath day holy. I used the format of the lesson found HERE. I also like to use object lessons whenever I can. I feel that they engage the girls and help them remember things. I was searching and searching and found some good ideas. They were all messy, required lots of prep on my time, or just didn't seem to fit right. Until... I came across THIS lesson.
It focuses on how our minds and bodies need rest, so does our spirituality. We can focus and prepare for the week better when we have "fed" and "rested" our spirits by keeping the Sabbath day holy.

Here is a handout I made to go along with it. I had the girls fill out the activities they will do on the Sabbath day.

 Feel free to print and share!

You can either print it double sided.. or just print one of each and then cut and glue/tape them to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...