Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sweet BBQ Chicken in the Crockpot

I got this recipe on pinterest and it turned out to be one of our favorites.
I also love quick crockpot meals too. Original recipe found HERE




Ingredients:
4 -5 chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
18 ounces of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1 20 oz can of pineapple, crushed (drain most of the sauce out)- I didn't have crushed on hand for this time, so I chopped these up using my food chopper.
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Directions:
Put chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot. pour the BBQ sauce on op of the chicken. Add the pineapple, the little bit of juice, and the crushed red peppers. Cook in crockpot on high for 5 hours. If you use fresh chicken, lower the cooking time.

It turned out really good. Serve it with rice and veggies, over mashed potatoes, or in quesadillas. I usually have enough chicken to make 2-3 meals.

Served over rice:

Served as quesadillas:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...