Friday, June 28, 2013

Homemade Pizza

This is one of the only recipes I can truly call my own. I have tweaked it and tried so many different recipes until I figured out how I liked it the best.



This is it...

It really is delicious. It doesn't taste like your typical homemade pizza (you know the sweet tasting, soft crust, generic taste you always have?) The flavors blend well together, the crust is perfect, and the toppings are endless. My favorite: pepperoni and bell pepper.

First, you start by making the dough. I use my mom's recipe. It's the best. I use it for everything.

Dough:

2 cups heated milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
4 1/2 -5 cups flour
2 teaspoons yeast

If you have a bread maker just put the ingredients in the bread maker in that order on the dough setting.

If not just use a mixer

Mixer Instructions:
 Melt the butter in the milk. Pour milk into mixer. Add sugar and salt. Slowly add half of the flour. Add the yeast and the rest of the flour. Knead for 5-10 minutes. Dough should be soft. Cover and let stand for 10-30 minutes. If you have a dough setting on your bread maker, that should usually be enough. The dough setting will have it raise before you start. It does make a difference, but not always needed. The longer the dough stands, the fluffier the crust will be.

Pizza:
Ingredients:
Olive Oil
Pizza Dough (Recipe above)
butter
garlic salt
Italian seasoning
Parmesan Cheese, grated
your favorite pizza sauce (I use classic brand)
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Toppings of choice (I prefer pepperoni and green peppers)
Oregano
Parmesan Cheese, the powdery kind

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400.

Start by giving your pizza pan, stone, or regular pan a little drizzle with olive oil. Just lightly though. You'll take your big thing of dough and cut it in half. It usually makes two pizzas. Put half on the center of the pizza pan and use your fingers to spread the dough out evenly around the pan as much as you can. Use a rolling pin to help. I always press it from the center and out. I leave the crust a little bit thicker as well.

Next, you will poke some holes in your dough. This was one of the things that got it to taste better. It makes it nice and fluffy. You can just use a fork and go around the dough like you're putting pepperonis on :)

Next, grab some butter, put it on your fingers and spread it all around the dough. This also gives you a chance to spread the dough out evenly if there happens to be a spot thinner than the other.

Next, sprinkle the dough with some garlic salt and Italian seasoning. I just shake and don't really measure. Also, sprinkle the crust with the parmesan cheese, paying close attention to the top crust part. People tend to forget about that, but who wants a plain top part of your pizza?

Next, add your sauce. Start by scooping a generous amount in the center and using a spoon going outward to spread it around. Go all the way up to the end. It makes it WAY better. My husband would kill me for using WAY. haha

Next, add the cheese. I used to use a ton, but no need to. Just lightly cover it. In some parts, I don't even add it.

Finally, add your toppings, top with some oregano and pop in the oven. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. This makes the crust just a tiny bit crispy, the top well done, and the taste very yummy!

After baking, top with parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and ENJOY. Let me know if you try it. Next time I make it I will try to post pictures of each step to help.

Cook the pizz

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...