Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

A few girls got together for lunch every week for a couple months and exchanged recipes. This recipe was one of them. I am not a huge meat fan, but I'm slowly trying more things with meat in it. This is something that I could eat without even thinking there was meat in it. I use this for baby showers, when I'm hosting parties, or even when I just want to have some girls over for lunch.


Here are some of the ingredients that go in it:





Since I use it a lot for parties, I like to prep before hand (usually the night before). I chop my green veggies and shred my chicken. I keep them in their own air tight container and then add them in the next day along with everything else.


Ingredients:
1 cup sour cream
1 cup of mayo
2 Tablespoons sugar (you could also use agave instead)
1-2 Tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons curry
1/2 teaspoon salt

Rotisserie chicken, about 1 full breast shredded
purple grapes, just a handful or so, sliced in half
3 green onions chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1/2 bag of craisins
1 Fuji apple
1-2 cans mandarin oranges
1/2 cucumber, quartered
1/2 green bell pepper

Directions:
Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and add any other ingredients to flavor the way you like it.

 Add the remaining ingredients by mixing them together. It keeps in the fridge for a few days, if it lasts that long. I just serve them on my homemade rolls found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...